Saturday, November 28, 2009

Free Pattern: Seamless Wristwarmers



Seamless Wristwarmers

Supplies:
Approximately 3 oz. worsted weight yarn
J hook or hook needed to obtain gauge

Gauge: 2" = 6 st and 4 rows in dc
Note: I am a tension freak. I usually have to go up 2 hook sizes on commercial patterns. If you are an "average" tension you will want an H hook.

Size: Men's small or women's medium. These have a little bit of wrist shaping to help them stay up. For a larger size just chain until long enough to fit around the wearer's forearm.

Pattern:

Ch 26, join with slst in first ch, taking care not to twist.


Round 1: ch 2 (does not count as st throughout), dc in same ch and each ch around, join. (26 dc)

Round 2-4: ch 2, dc in same st and each st around, join. (26 dc)

Round 5-6: ch 2, dc in same st, dc dec, dc in each st, join. (24 dc)

Round 7-9: ch 2, dc in same st and each st around, join.

Round 10-13 (thumbhole rows): ch 2, dc in each st around, do not join, turn.

Round 14: ch 2, dc in same st, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 20 st, 2 dc in next st, dc in remaining st, join with sl st to first dc. (26 dc)

Round 15: ch 2, dc in same st, dc in next 11 st, 2 dc in next st, dc in remaining st, join. (27 dc)

Round 16: ch 1, sc in same st and all st around, join, finish off.

Repeat for second glove.

The fine print:
Copyright 2009, Maria Velasquez-McKeeth. Please don't publish, sell or copy this pattern; link back to my blog if you wish to share it with the world. You may print a copy for your own use or to share with a non-internet enabled friend as long as you don't charge for it.

You are free to do as you wish with the completed items. If you choose to offer them for sale please let me know how you do with them. I would love to receive pictures of your completed work and hear about any changes you've made.

As with anything I've published please let me know right away if I've made a mistake or you have a problem with the instructions. I'll get back to you with corrections or help as soon as humanly possible.

5 comments:

  1. I made these for a friend with a chunky-style yarn, and I wasn't sure at first how they would turn out, but when she tried them on, they fit perfectly. It was a really easy pattern to follow, and they turned out great. Thanks for the pattern, I think I shall use it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a question, but for round 15, do you mean dc in next 21 st? It says 11 but that doesn't add up to 27 st. I think the pattern is fabulous and once I found it last night, sat down and made a pair for my daughter-in-law in no time. Thanks for the last minute stocking stuffer and clarififcation. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On round 15 I have one dc increase. So you dc in the 11 stitches, do an increase (2dc) in the next stitch, then continue around with 1 dc in each stitch. The count isn't really important at that point, I just found that one more increase on the side away from the thumb accommodated the knuckles a little better.

    Glad you like the pattern! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You, it makes a lot more sense now- It was 1:30 in the morning and the eyes and brain were a little fuzzy! She opened them today and absolutely LOVED them, now the other girls want some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this pattern. I got both of the gloves done in one night!

    ReplyDelete